“If you declare with your mouth, ‘Jesus is Lord,’ and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.” –Romans 10:9
Jesus Christ lived a sinless life for you, then died in your place, paying the price for your sin. We had a death penalty, and He stepped in and died for us, so that we could live. Let this sink into your heart. Remember what the Lord Jesus did for you.
It’s like we were all drowning in an ocean of sin and then God threw us a life preserver in Jesus. We just have to take the life preserver!
Here are a few things to keep in mind:
- All of us have sinned and fallen short of God’s standards. (Romans 3:23)
- The just punishment for our sin is eternal separation from God. (Romans 6:23)
- There’s no way we can ever earn our way into heaven. (Ephesians 2:8-9)
- Jesus, the Son of God, lived a sinless human life among us. (Hebrews 4:14-15)
- He died on the cross then rose again, defeating sin forever. (1 Corinthians 15:3-4)
- Because of Jesus’ perfect sacrifice, we can be reconciled with God and spend eternity with Him. (John 14:6, Galatians 3:26, John 3:16)
- Salvation is God’s free gift to us, but we must accept it. (Romans 10:9-10)
So, if your heart is ready… if you are here reading this and God has been pulling your heart strings for awhile now, let’s seal the deal. Let’s accept God’s free gift.
Here is how you accept the FREE gift of God:
Romans 10:9 says if you confess with your mouth that “Jesus is Lord” and believe in your heart that God raised Jesus from the dead,Â you will be saved.
- Say it out loud “Jesus is Lord” – To confess to admit or state something out loud. Say it out loud “Jesus is Lord.”
- Believe in your heart that God raised Jesus from the dead.
There is no magical prayer you must pray, it’s more about the condition of your heart. Some important components can be remembered with the ABCs:
Admit that you are a sinner in need of a Savior,
Believe that Jesus died for you and rose again, and
Commit to live the rest of your life for Him.
Here is an example prayer that you could pray:
“Thank you Lord Jesus for dying for my sins. I am a sinner and I have sinned against you. I confess my sin now and ask for your forgiveness. I confess that you are Lord, I take you as my Lord Jesus. I believe that God raised you from the dead. Thank you for saving me and giving my everlasting life. In Jesus’ name, amen.”
If that represents your heart and you just prayed to accept Christ for the first time, the Bible says you are saved! It also says that the angels in Heaven are rejoicing, a huge party in Heaven! I am so excited for you!
If you just did this, please let me know by going back to the Facebook post that sent you here and comment in all caps saying “I JUST ACCEPTED CHRIST”. I would love to rejoice with you!
Heavenly Father, thank you for new life. Thank you for forgiving me of all my sins. Make me brand new. I believe Jesus died for me and rose again so I could live for you. Fill me with your Spirit so I could know you, serve you, and follow you the rest of my life. My life is not my own, today I give it to you. Thank you for new life! In Jesus’ name I pray, amen.